May 10, 2023
When people hear the word “dentures,” obtrusive, obvious, clunky prosthetic teeth used decades ago often come to mind. Fortunately, dentures today are the exact opposite – lifelike in both look and feel. However, embarrassing slippage and uncomfortable movement can make them a bit of a nuisance at times. Luckily, that’s where implant dentures in Phoenix come in! This state-of-the-art tooth replacement option comes with a number of benefits. Keep reading to learn what they are!
Problems With Traditional Dentures
As mentioned above, dentures in Phoenix have advanced significantly in recent years, making them more natural-looking and functional than ever before. Sadly, however, they can’t address an important underlying issue: bone loss. Since both partial and full dentures can’t stimulate your jawbone, changes to your facial structure are inevitable. Plus, the shifts to your jaw require frequent adjustment appointments. Otherwise, they will become ill-fitting, resulting in significant movement while you talk, chew, and even smile.
Implant Dentures: Where Dentures and Dental Implants Meet
Implant dentures are a popular tooth-replacement option that anchors tried-and-true dentures to the titanium posts used with traditional dental implants in Phoenix. To do this, screws are inserted directly into the jawbone and allowed to heal for proper osseointegration (the fusion of the post to your jaw). From there, the custom-made dentures are attached, restoring the visible portion of the tooth. The result? A completely rebuilt smile from root to crown.
5 Benefits of Dental Implants
Switching to implant dentures comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Improved stability: Since implant dentures get their strength from your jawbone, they restore your bite force without virtually any movement.
- Jawbone preservation: Dental implants are the only tooth-replacement solution that effectively stimulates your jawbone, preserving your facial structure.
- 20+ year lifespan: While dentures typically last between five and ten years, implant dentures are made to last a lifetime.
- Natural appearance: Thanks to the custom-made prosthetic teeth, high-quality materials, and unmatched durability, implant dentures are extremely lifelike.
- Cost-effective: Getting multiple single dental implants throughout your mouth can add up quickly. Typically, implant dentures can completely rebuild your smile for much less.
The tooth-replacement solution you pick should do much more than just restore your smile, it should enhance your overall oral health and wellbeing as well. For that reason, schedule an appointment with your dentist to discuss making the switch to implant dentures!
About the Practice
At Carefree Dentistry, one mission drives Dr. Gonzalez, Dr. Cicero, and our entire team: helping you achieve the full, healthy, beautiful smile you deserve. That’s why we use the latest dental technology, offer a comprehensive array of services, and can complete the entire implant procedure in-house. If you are interested in making the switch to implant dentures or would like to schedule an appointment with our team, visit our website or give us a call at 623-322-1538.